Drumalig House is a substantial Georgian period country
residence set in private and mature grounds of 3.25 acres with panoramic views
over the surrounding countryside towards Slieve Croob and Mourne mountains
The bright and spacious accommodation extends to approximately
3600 square feet and offers a superb family layout. The original house retains
most of it's Georgian period features such as plaster cornices, ceiling roses,
panelled window reveals (some with shutters), panelled internal doors and
architraves. In more recent times, a large extension has been added to the
property and whilst of more modern construction it compliments the main house in
appearance and enhances the accommodation to meet the many requirements of
modern day family living.
In addition to the large four car garage there is an extensive
range of well maintained and very useable outbuildings which will no doubt be of
wide interest for a variety of different uses, the garage and most of the
outbuildings benefit from having oil fired central heating and roof
Temple is a small hamlet centrally located between Carryduff,
Saintfield, Lisburn and Ballynahinch. There are local shops nearby and regular
buses to Belfast and Newcastle, making it the ideal location for access to
schools and commuting. In addition, there are two excellent golf courses and
restaurants within a short distance.
A most impressive country home and grounds, viewing is highly recommended.
- A Substantial Georgian Period Country House And Outbuildings Set In Private And Mature Grounds Of 3.25 Acres
- Panoramic Views Over Surrounding Countryside Towards Slieve Croob And Mourne Mountains Beyond
- Click the link to view aerial drone footage https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opZmjzV0oB4
- Bright And Spacious Family Accommodation Extending To Approximately 3600 Square Feet
- Spacious Entrance Hall With French Doors To Front Garden
- Spacious Drawing Room With Period Marble Fireplace
- Dining Room With Open Plan To Kitchen
- French Oak Fitted Country Kitchen With AGA Range Cooker
- Separate Family Room With Pine And Slate Fireplace
- Spacious Utility Room With Adjoining Cloakroom, WC And Pantry
- Five Spacious Bedrooms To Include Master Bedroom With Bathroom En Suite To Include Bath And Shower Cubicle
- Main Bathroom With Bath And Shower Cubicle / Spacious Walk In Hotpress
- Second Floor Attic Rooms As Playroom And Fifth Bedroom
- Oil Fired Central Heating And Double Glazing (Condensing Oil Fired Boiler For Main House)
- Private And Well Established Gardens Laid In Lawns With A Wide Variety Of Mature Trees And Shrubs
- Large Four Car Garage With Oil Fired Heating And Two Remote Control Roller Shutter Doors
- Extensive Range Of Well Maintained Outbuildings Approximately 5000 Square Feet (Most With Oil Fired Heating And Roof Insulation)
- Convenient To Carryduff, South Belfast, Saintfield And Lisburn Plus Bus Service To Belfast Schools
- A Truly Outstanding Country Home Enjoying An Idyllic Setting Only 6 Miles From Forestside Shopping Centre
Original tiled floor. PVC double glazed French doors. Plaster cornice and ceiling rose. Staircase with spindled balustrade. Archway to Dining Room.
DRAWING ROOM: 26' 9" X 14' 11" (8.15m X 4.55m)
Period fireplace and hearth. Plaster cornice and ceiling roses.
FAMILY ROOM: 16' 9" X 13' 9" (5.10m X 4.20m)
Pine fire surround. Slate and tiled inset and hearth. Plaster cornice. Spotlights. (not photographed)
DINING ROOM: 15' 1" X 11' 2" (4.60m X 3.40m)
Plaster cornice and ceiling rose. Amtico wood effect floor. Open plan to Kitchen.
FRENCH OAK FITTED COUNTRY KITCHEN: 15' 1" X 14' 12" (4.60m X 4.56m)
Extensive range of high and low level units with matching island unit. Double drainer stainless steel sink unit with mixer tap. Oil fired Aga Range. Extractor canopy. 4 ring gas hob. Part tiled walls. Under unit lighting. Pine ceiling with spotlights. Amtico wood effect floor.
UTILITY ROOM: 13' 9" X 11' 5" (4.20m X 3.47m)
Built in units. Ceramic Belfast type sink with mixer tap. Recessed spotlights. Plaster cornice.
Low flush suite. Close couple low flush wc. Wash hand basin. Plaster cornice. Cloaks storage and separate Pantry with marble slab shelves.
Orginal arched sash style window with stained glass. Panelled entrance door.
BEDROOM (1)/MASTER BEDROOM: 15' 1" X 14' 12" (4.60m X 4.56m)
Plaster cornice. Vanity unit wash hand basin. Walk in robe with light.
SPACIOUS BATHROOM EN SUITE:
Panelled bath. Mixer tap shower attachment. Shower cubicle with Aqualisa shower. Vanity unit wash hand basin. Bidet. Close couple low flush wc. Plaster cornice. Range of built in robes. Wall lights and spotlights.
BEDROOM (2)/GUEST BEDROOM: 16' 9" X 13' 9" (5.10m X 4.20m)
Measurements to include range of built in robes. Plaster cornice.
BEDROOM (3): 15' 1" X 15' 1" (4.60m X 4.60m)
Measurements to include range of built in robes. Coving. Vanity unit with wash hand basin.
BEDROOM (4): 15' 1" X 11' 7" (4.60m X 3.52m)
Bath with mixer tap and shower attachment. Vanity unit with wash hand basin and mixer tap. Shower cubicle with Aqualisa shower. Close couple low flush wc. Bidet with mixer tap. Plaster cornice. Wall lights and spotlights.
Spacious walk in hotpress with light. 2 attic rooms with Velux windows, ideal as playroom or further bedrooms. Access to adjoining roofspace. Store with light.
Extensive rural setting extending to approximately 3.25 acres with private and well established gardens laid in lawns with a wide variety of mature trees and shrubs. The property is approached by shared private road.
DETACHED LARGE FOUR CAR GARAGE: 39' 4" X 24' 7" (12.00m X 7.50m)
Two remote control roller shutter doors. Light and power. Four double radiators. One small roller shutter door to side. Steps down to vehicle inspection pit with lighting. Yamaha diesel generator wired to dwelling house. PVC double glazed windows. Cavity built construction.
EXTENSIVE RANGE OF OUTBUILDINGS AND STORES:
Well maintained outbuildings and stores extending to approximately 5000 square feet. Two oil fired boilers heat the garage and most of the outbuildings. Lighting to all buildings and power to most.
Please note we have not tested any systems in this property, we recommend the purchaser checks all systems are working prior to completion. The owner of this property is related to the directors of the selling agent.
From Carryduff roundabout proceed towards Temple/Ballynahinch, number 133 is 2
5 miles on right hand side
Alternatively, from Temple proceed towards Carryduff, number 133 is 0
5 mile on left hand side
Disclaimer: The following calculations act as a guide only, and are based on a typical repayment mortgage model. Financial decisions should not be made based on these calculations and accuracy is not guaranteed. Always seek professional advice before making any financial decisions.