The Lock Keepers House was built in 1759 for the Lagan Navigation Company and sits on an elevated site
beside the high bridge overlooking the canal at Ballyskeagh. The original
purpose was to provide accommodation for the lock keeper from which he could see
approaching barges or lighters as they were
Now that the site has matured and the trees have grown, the
view of the canal is not what it once was however, the property now enjoys a
high degree of privacy and delightful gardens with many outside areas to sit and
Given the property's age and unique history it is now a grade 2
B listed building and in more recent times has undergone major renovation and
upgrading to make it a most attractive boutique style home that retains all the
character and charm of a bygone era.
The location is perfect for those seeking a quiet and private retreat close
to South Belfast and Lisburn, viewing is highly
- A Most Attractive And Well Presented Boutique Style Detached Residence Occupying A Mature And Private Setting
- Exclusive Location Beside The High Bridge At Ballyskeagh Convenient To South Belfast And Lisburn
- Grade 2 B Listed Building Built In 1759 As The Lock Keepers House
- Sitting Room With Multi Fuel Stove In Original Corner Fireplace With Exposed Stone Alcove And Hearth, Quarry Tiled Floor And Sash Windows With Period Style Shutters
- Country Style Fitted Kitchen With Range Of Integrated Appliances And Belfast Jawbox Ceramic Sink
- Two Bedrooms With Traditional Style Part Panelled Walls And Cast Iron Radiators
- Luxury Bathroom With White Suite Plus Bristan Thermostatic Shower And Fired Earth Natural Stone Feature Wall And Floor Tiling
- Exclusive And Elevated Setting With Mature And Private Gardens
- Gravel Driveway With Car Port
- Oil Fired Central Heating System
- Period Style Sash Windows
- Please note, from the driveway and parking space access to the property is via a sloping path and steps therefore, it may not be suitable for some individuals.
SITTING ROOM: 18' 2" X 11' 6" (5.53m X 3.50m)
Multi fuel stove on stone hearth in feature original stone alcove. Solid timber mantel. Quarry tiled floor. Sash windows with period style shutters. Cloakroom under stairs with light and quarry tiled floor. Period style cast iron radiator.
COUNTRY STYLE FITTED KITCHEN WITH INTEGRATED APPLIANCES: 11' 3" X 6' 2" (3.44m X 1.89m)
Range of high and low level units. Inframe doors with ceramic handles. Glazed cabinet. Plate rack. Belfast jawbox ceramic sink with mixer tap. Oak strip work surfaces. Integrated oven and hob with extractor hood above. Window shutters. Quarry tiled floor. Part tiled walls. Recessed spotlights. Under unit lighting. Integrated fridge freezer and washing machine.
BEDROOM (1): 12' 4" X 9' 2" (3.75m X 2.79m)
Spotlights. Part panelled walls. Period style cast iron radiator.
BEDROOM (2): 8' 8" X 8' 7" (2.64m X 2.62m)
Period style cast iron radiator and window shutters. Recessed spotlights. Part panelled walls.
LUXURY TILED BATHROOM:
White suite. Panelled bath with mixer tap. Bristan thermostatic shower with shower attachment and drencher head. Shower screen. Pedestal wash hand basin. Close couple low flush wc. Heated towel rail. Fired earth natural stone feature wall and floor tiling. Wall mirror with light. Hotpress. Recessed spotlights.
Exclusive and elevated setting with private aspects. Well stocked and mature gardens with a wide varierty of mature trees and shrubs. Various outside seating areas. Gravel driveway with car port. Current owners have obtained planning permission for a garage. Garden storage shed. Separate timber storage shed. PVC oil storage tank. Oil fired boiler.
Please note we have not tested any systems in this property, we recommend the purchaser checks all systems are working prior to completion.
From Lambeg proceed along Ballyskeagh Road and cross the bridge just after the golf driving range, number 26 and parking space is immediately on the right
Disclaimer: The following calculations act as a guide only, and are based on a typical repayment mortgage model. Financial decisions should not be made based on these calculations and accuracy is not guaranteed. Always seek professional advice before making any financial decisions.